Recipes for Two
Cooking at home is more than just a cost-effective and healthier way to eat. It's also fun, creative and allows you to make good use of your beautiful kitchen (because you wouldn't want to just leave it sitting there, right?). When you want put your kitchen to work, you may find yourself stymied as you search for recipes for one or two. Don't be deterred.
Outstanding, easy-to-prepare and seasonal recipes for two actually do exist! Whether you prefer to cook for yourself and a roomate, for your spouse or partner or just for yourself, you have options. No one likes wasting excessive leftovers, or preparing enormous amounts of food that will go untouched. Rather than spend your time doing the math and trying to split your favorite recipes, turn to recipes designed just for two.
We've chosen to highlight 10 of our favorites recipes for two to make it easier on you. After all, your busy life means you'd rather spend more time eating your delicious, homemade meals, rather than searching for them. Cheers!
- Mediterranean Puff Pastry Chicken. Simple, rustic ingredients combine in this recipe to make a truly hearty chicken dish that packs a ton of flavor and will have your home smelling amazing.
- Smoky Maple Mustard Salmon for Two. This easy, fast and delicious recipe will have you swooning over the "best of both worlds" with equally sweet and savory flavors.
- Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp with Arugula Salad for Two. This light dish is as satisfying as it is effortless. Perfect for warm days or nights.
- Simple Flaky Crabcakes. After a long day spent in the sun, there's something ultra satisfying about fresh seafood prepared well. This recipe is a slam dunk (and it's easier than you can imagine).
- Beef Tenderloin Steaks with Chipotle Butter and Bell Pepper Saute. When the two of you need a solid, hearty meal, this decadent and simiple-to-prepare meal will win you over from the first bite.
- Morrocan Style Stuffed Peppers for Two. Choose lean beef, chicken or turkey to stuff your peppers, and make this dish as healthy as it is flavorful.
- Boneless Pork Chops with Mushroom and Thyme. This tasty dish is good for your health and your taste buds, and will satisfy you and your B.F.F. on extra hungry nights.
- Linguini with Shrimp Scampi. Whip up this classic pasta dish in less than 30 minutes and prepare to have leftovers for the next day.
- Mediterranean Fish Skillet. This simple, delicious seafood dish makes for quick and easy cleanup since you'll only need one pan and barely 30 minutes to prepare it.
- Honey Mustard Chicken Pasta. You won't even need 30 minutes to create this easy, nourishing dish with surprising flavors that will please both you and your plus one.
Filed Under: Life at Monticello at Town Center, Hampton, VA
Mira Roberts studied writing at New York University, graduating with a BA in English Literature before pursuing a career in media, marketing and management with PARADE Magazine, Portfolio Magazine, AltDaily, skirt! and lululemon athletica. A full time mother, writing instructor and part-time freelance writer, Mira lives and laughs with her family in Norfolk, VA.
comments powered by Disqus