10 Easy Father's Day Dinner Recipes
Everyone knows that the way to Dad's heart is through his stomach. When special occasions, holidays, birthdays and, of course, Father's Day comes around, you don't have to search high and low to bring a smile to dad's face and show him you care. Cook him a simple, delicious and truly special meal, and fill it with his favorite ingredients AND lots of love.
Whether the dad in your life prefers a hearty meal packed with protein, or something lighter and filled with fresh, ripe vegetables and healthy fats, you can easily prepare him a meal he will remember. You don't have to turn yourself into a world-class chef to whip up a heart-warming Father's Day dinner, and we've got a list of recipes to prove it.
Each of these recipes will make an excellent addition to a large family gathering or potluck, as well as a more intimate dinner for two or four. Make time to give thanks to the dad in your life with a nourishing meal he deserves and don't forget to tell him how much you care.
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole. Give dad a taste from south of the border with this flavorful enchilada dish that cooks up well with chicken, pork or just veggies. This makes an excellent dish to bring to a Father's Day family potluck, or makes an excellent main dish at a small dinner for dear old dad, only.
- Meatloaf Meatballs. These savory and easy to prepare meatballs take less than hour to make and will be a winner with hungry dads, everywhere. We love this fun twist on a traditional meatloaf recipe that can easily become finger food at a backyard barbecue or large family gathering.
- Smoky Pork Calzones. This year, instead of springing for dad's favorite pizza, sandwich or porkchops, try something totally unexpected and create this simple and surprisingly delicious calzone dish that will blow your dad away. With frozen pizza dough and a few simple ingredients, you can prepare and cook this dish in less than an hour.
- Roasted Buffalo Shrimp. Perfect for a large family gathering or potluck, these buffalo roasted shrimp come with a solid kick that dad will certainly appreciate. Add a side of celery and grill up some vegetables for a light, but still satisfying meal.
- Backyard Jerk Chicken. The most work you'll spend on this amazing chicken recipe is prepping the seasoned marinade. Once that's done, this dish will cook up perfectly on the grill or even in a pan for a perfect meal that dad won't forget.
- Philly Cheesesteak Nachos. For the dad who likes a good, greasy meal from time to time, this recipe will be a slam dunk. Dad's favorite cheesesteak ingredients (think cheese whiz) and crispy tortilla chips make this a great Father's Day meal to eat while watching a game.
- Spaghetti and Meatballs. Think ultimate decadence, tender meat, a rich and flavorful sauce and unending amounts of cheese and envision your dad full and happy after eating this phenomenal, classic spaghetti and meatballs dish.
- Pork Chops with Honey Balsamic Glaze. This simple pork chops dish combines the sweet with the savory for a satisfying, hearty meal that will please just about every meat-loving dad around.
- Ranch-Style Steak Kabobs. Break out dad's favorite piece of equipment-the grill-and whip up these seriously delicious steak kabobs in no time. All you'll need is ranch dressing, cherry tomatoes, new potatoes and sirloin steak to warm dad's heart with this meal.
- Zucchini and Spinach Lasagna. For dad's who like to eat meatless, cook up this hearty and healthy vegetable lasagna dish. Use no-boil lasagna noodles to keep your prep time to a minimum, and make sure to stock up on fresh zucchini, spinach and basil from your local farmer's market.
Photo | Meatless Meatballs by Delish
Filed Under: Life at Monticello at Town Center, Hampton, VA
Mira Roberts studied writing at New York University, graduating with a BA in English Literature before pursuing a career in media, marketing and management with PARADE Magazine, Portfolio Magazine, AltDaily, skirt! and lululemon athletica. A full time mother, writing instructor and part-time freelance writer, Mira lives and laughs with her family in Norfolk, VA.
comments powered by Disqus